Friday 8 August 2008

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

Good afternoon universe! Just got back in from a post office visit. More or less the only time I have left the house this week and it was all strictly business. Had some dinner with Stu, Sophie and Bish and it was alright, but my first drink of the day was wine, I'm on a slippery slope, today wine for breakfast, tomorrow... well I don't see how it gets worse really.

Stu took Sophie home and then we went to the house that he is housesitting, and walked a ladie's pug dogs. I called the one I walked Hank. I was a bit frightened of the bigger ones so I picked up one of the cute puppies. It did a wee on me. I left them alone after that.


I realised something today, I have a really big face. (I've had to renew my passport for uni, and the pure fact my passport has been out of date for about 3 years.) So with getting a new passport comes getting new passport photos. Going with people who jerk around behind the curtain doesn't help, so after 3 failed attempts at getting a decent picture, I had to settle with the last picture.
I'll upload it onto here when I can be bothered, but my face looks massive and I look like I'm being held at gunpoint. I honestly look like I'm about to break down and cry.

So I shuffled my last bit of money into a pissy little envelope with all the forms and gave it to Julie, the post office woman. She had a gander and said that my picture wasn't suitable because my fringe was "obstructing" my vision. (a bit of hair was over the corner of my eye) So another four quid down the drain, went to another photo place and got a picture that makes my head look EVEN bigger, and off it goes into the world.

Stu got some good stamps, and I bought a few good postcards, Iplan on sending one to Jim on his damned island, not that he deserves anything.


I got a welcome pack from Plymouth yesterday, full of medical things, timetables, what to do when I enrol and a leaflet for things that will be going on in the student union in the first term, the highlights include:

  • Dainton and Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez
  • Dr. Kennedy from Neighbours

and the highlight of my life:

  • Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

whoa mama, I have to meet him. If I do it literally doesn't matter what else I do in my life, it will never top it.

My main man got back today or yesterday, and I am yet to hear from him, so I'm a bit sad. Nothing new there.

I sadly have work tonight, which is filling me with dread, but I am in dire need of some money and I've missed my lovely workmates dearly. well, a little bit.

xo.

No comments: